North Korea’s human rights crisis is one of the most pressing issues of our time. Due to a lack of awareness and the international community failing to adequately address the problems, EAHRNK was formed in 2013.
We are currently recruiting Student Ambassadors in UK universities to build awareness of North Korean human rights on your campus, to recruit volunteers, and to fundraise for our advocacy and welfare support work.
· To recruit and manage a team of event and fundraising volunteers.
· To organise and chair meetings on campus.
· To plan and deliver a few fundraising events and activities to reach your fundraising target.
· To be in regular contact with our team. We expect to host 30-minute phone calls every month to allow you to update us on your progress.
· To host at least one awareness-raising event on campus in conjunction with student societies and other stakeholders.
· To participate in our initial (online) training session.
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
· Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
· Excellent organisational, leadership, and time management skills.
· Ability to use your own initiative.
· Good contacts at your university.
· Previous fundraising or events experience would be an advantage.
What you can expect from us
· Training and ongoing support from our team.
· A fundraising pack.
· An event management pack.
· At the end of one year of service, a letter of reference and a certificate for completion of our programme.
· An invite to our annual student event.
· For truly exceptional Ambassadors, the possibility of internships or paid employment at a later date.
We are looking for Ambassadors for 1 academic year. We expect volunteers to give 3 – 5 hours a week throughout the academic year.
To apply, send your CV and a cover letter to Michael Glendinning via
N.B. This is an unpaid volunteer role.